Yoga: I fell in love with yoga in high school. I’ve been practicing on and off since 1998. I completed a year-long yoga teacher training in Istanbul, Turkey in 2007 and worked as a teacher both in Istanbul and Rochester from 2006-2010. I currently practice several times a week and incorporate mindfulness and other techniques in my mental health practice as needed.
Childbirth education: I studied childbirth education in 2007 and worked as a pregnancy educator for 3 years from 2012-2015. My knowledge of pregnancy, postpartum and parenting strengthens my understanding of related issues and my overall mental health practice.
Social work: I worked primarily with pregnant and parenting moms from 2012-2015 and earned a master’s degree in social work in 2015 from the Greater Rochester Collaborative between Nazareth and Brockport Colleges. My thesis was on Intimate Partner Violence (IPV) and I hosted panels on IPV throughout graduate school. I currently supervise social workers providing mental health therapy in Pediatric, Primary and OB/GYN offices.
Mental health therapy: I currently work in private practice. I previously worked at two adult mental health clinics in Rochester providing individual and group psychotherapy. I work with individuals from varying backgrounds and ages ranging from adolescents to adults of all ages. I also provide individual and group supervision for LMSWs working towards their clinical license.
Special areas of interest include:
- Working with teenagers: getting through the teen years and thriving!
- Communication: working with individuals and couples on learning healthy assertive communication skills and improving relationships.
- LGBTQ+ community: I am Safe Zone trained and provide Gender Affirming Interventions for my trans/non-binary folks.
- Mindfulness: incorporating mindfulness/meditation/yoga and learning other healthy coping skills to improve overall quality of life.
- Working towards finding work/life balance.
- Pregnancy and parenting: providing support and education surrounding pregnancy and parenting related issues as well as coming up with solutions together!