Yoga: I fell in love with yoga in high school. I’ve been practicing on and off since 1998. I completed a year-long yoga teacher training in Istanbul, Turkey in 2007 and worked as a teacher both in Istanbul and Rochester from 2006-2010. I currently practice most days of the week and incorporate mindfulness and other techniques in my mental health practice as needed.
Childbirth education: I studied childbirth education in 2007 and worked as a pregnancy educator for 3 years from 2012-2015. My knowledge of pregnancy, postpartum and parenting strengthens my understanding of related issues and my overall mental health practice.
Social work: I worked primarily with pregnant and parenting moms in Rochester, NY from 2012-2015 and earned a master’s degree in social work in 2015 from the Greater Rochester Collaborative between Nazareth and Brockport Colleges. My thesis was on Intimate Partner Violence (IPV) and I hosted panels on IPV throughout graduate school. I worked as a supervisor, providing clinical supervision to social workers providing mental health therapy in Pediatric, Primary, and OB/GYN offices in 2020.
Mental health therapy: I previously worked at two adult mental health clinics in Rochester, NY providing individual and group psychotherapy from 2014-2019. I provided individual and group supervision for LMSWs working towards their clinical license. I am currently in private practice since January 2018. I work with individuals from varying backgrounds and ages ranging from adolescents to adults of all ages. For the last 3 years, I have supervised MSW interns from Nazareth College in my private practice. I also provide supervision and consultation to other licensed professionals.
Special areas of interest include:
- Working with teenagers: getting through the teen years and thriving!
- Communication: working with individuals and couples on learning healthy assertive communication skills and improving relationships.
- LGBTQIA+ community: I am Safe Zone trained and provide Gender Affirming Interventions for transgender, non-binary and gender non-conforming individuals. I am a member of WPATH.
- Mindfulness: incorporating mindfulness/meditation/yoga and learning other healthy coping skills to improve overall quality of life.
- Working towards finding work/life balance.
- Pregnancy and parenting: providing support and education surrounding pregnancy and parenting related issues as well as coming up with solutions together!